Welcome to July! The Fourth of July inspired us to do an “All American” theme for our July recipes. Now granted America is a melting pot of all kinds of people, foods and cultures but certain foods are just plain “All American”! One of these is the classic, simple Sub Sandwich. This variation evolved one day in an effort to use up some left over restaurant breadsticks. It is fun to make and fun to serve! Have the kids give it a whirl and serve it up poolside, at the beach or hey…. at your air-conditioned kitchen table!
- 6 breadsticks
- 9 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 6 tablespoons mustard
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 3/4 cup shredded lettuce
- 12 slices ham
- 6 slices cheese
- Cook breadsticks if necessary.
- Slice breadsticks lengthwise.
- Spread 1.5 tablespoons of mayonnaise on one side of each breadstick.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of mustard on the other side of each breadstick.
- Top each breadstick with 1/6th of the lettuce on the mayonnaise side.
- Slice tomatoes. Top each breadstickâs lettuce with 1/6th of the tomato slices.
- Top each breadstick with two slices of ham on the mustard side.
- Slice each piece of cheese into small triangles.
- Top each breadstickâs ham with 1/6th of the cheese.
- Serves 6
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 181g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 243||82%|
|Total Fat 27.62g||35%|
|Saturated Fat 8.4g||34%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 5.71g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.9g||6%|