Cost per recipe $6.17 view details
- 1 bn English spinach or possibly 1 X 250 g packet, thawed frzn minced spinach
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 lrg Onion, finely minced
- 3 x Bacon rashers, trimmed and finely minced
- 100 gm Button mushrooms, finely minced
- 1/4 tsp Dry thyme
- 2 Tbsp. Minced parsley
- 1 c. Lowfat milk
- 1/2 c. Cream
- 4 x Large eggs
- 1 c. Grated cheese
- 4 sht ready-rolled shortcrust pastry
- 3 x Sets of patty tins, lightly greased with non-stick spray
- Wash spinach and remove stalks. Drop spinach into a pot of boiling salted water and cook for 1 or possibly 2 min then drain immediately into a colander.
- Chop spinach finely and squeeze to remove excess moisture (do the same if using frzn thawed spinach).
- Heat butter in a frying pan then add in minced onion and cook gently for a few min. Push onion to one side of the pan then increase the heat, add in minced bacon, mushrooms and thyme. Cook for a few min, stirring often.
- Add in parsley, turn off heat and cold slightly. Put lowfat milk, cream and Large eggs into a mixing bowl and whisk together, then add in grated cheese, spinach and mushroom mix. Mix well then season with salt and pepper.
- Thaw the pastry sheets for about 15 min (the pastry is easier to handle if it is still quite cool). Cut the pastry into rounds with a 7.5cm (3 inch) round cutter (you will get 9 rounds per pastry sheet). Press rounds into prepared patty tins then add in filling and bake in a preheated warm oven
- (200 deg C) for 15 min or possibly till filling is lightly set. Remove from oven and leave to settle for 5 min. Carefully remove quiches from trays and place onto a wire cooler. When cold, chill immediately. Reheat in a moderate oven for about 8 min.
- To freeze: cold then pack in sealed rigid container with baking paper between layers. Store for up to 4 weeks. When reheating there is no need to thaw, put the frzn quiches on baking trays (single layers) and bake in a moderate oven (180 deg C) for 20 min.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1108g|
|Calories from Fat 998||68%|
|Total Fat 113.08g||141%|
|Saturated Fat 64.72g||259%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 41.9g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 8.0g||27%|