Cost per serving $1.25 view details
- 2 tbsp Balance Zesty Italian Dressing
- 1 cup finely chopped Organic Sliced Portabella Mushrooms
- 1/2 cup each shredded carrot and finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup Balance Tomato & Herbs Pasta Sauce, divided
- 1/3 cup Organic Quick Oats
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1.Preheat the oven to 375Â°F (190Â°C). Heat the salad dressing in a non-stick skillet set over medium heat. SautÃ© the mushrooms, carrot, onion and garlic for 5 to 7 min. or until softened. Cool slightly; transfer to a large bowl and stir in 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the pasta sauce, oats, egg whites, salt and pepper. Add the beef and mix gently to combine.
- 2.Lightly spray 8 cups of a muffin pan with cooking spray. Divide the mixture between the cups, pressing gently to compact the meat. Spoon an equal amount of the remaining pasta sauce over the meatloaves. Bake for 30 min. or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest portion of the meat registers 160Â°F (71Â°C). Cool for 5 min. before serving.
- Here's my changes
- no mushrooms (that's the way to ruin a recipe for anything but stuffed mushrooms)
- 3/4 c shredded zucchini
- 3/4 c shredded carrots
- 1 onion diced
- 1 egg (instead of 2 egg whites)
- I sometimes use just italian dressing, (watch your eyes when heating will sting) or just grape seed oil, I also use a silicone muffin tin, it just browns soo much better without sticking.
- I also fry the onions and carrots together in the oil before adding to hamburger mixture. I also add some taco seasoning, but not too much. But only occasionally, it's really good without it.
- This is great the next day cold or sliced up into a meatloaf sandwich. I usually double the recipe so that I can keep some in freezer.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 189g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 170||49%|
|Total Fat 18.9g||24%|
|Saturated Fat 6.92g||28%|
|Trans Fat 1.07g|
|Total Carbs 16.92g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.8g||9%|