Cost per serving $2.13 view details
- 8 ounce Bow-tie pasta
- 2 c. Fresh basil leaves
- 1 x Granny Smith apple peeled, cored,
- Â Â and cut large chunks
- 1/2 c. Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 c. Walnuts
- 1 x Garlic clove
- 1 tsp Tabasco pepper sauce
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 c. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lb Lean grnd beef
- 1/2 lb Grnd turkey
- 1 lrg Egg
- 1/4 c. Dry seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 c. Club soda
- 1 Tbsp. Tabasco pepper sauce
- 1/2 c. Water
- 1/2 c. Roasted red peppers cut into strips
- In food processor or possibly blender, combine basil, apple, cheese, walnuts, garlic, Tabasco pepper sauce and salt. Gradually add in oil till mix is smooth.
- Prepare bow-tie pasta as label directs. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine grnd beef and turkey, egg, bread crumbs, club soda and Tabasco sauce till well mixed. Shape 1 Tbsp. mix into balls.
- In 12-inch non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, cook meatballs till well browned on all sides, turning frequently. Add in water to skillet; over high heat, heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 min.
- In large bowl, toss cooked pasta, pesto sauce, meatballs with their liquid and roasted red pepper strips till well mixed. Serve immediately.
- This recipe yields 6 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 186g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 214||65%|
|Total Fat 24.22g||30%|
|Saturated Fat 6.35g||25%|
|Trans Fat 0.46g|
|Total Carbs 8.79g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.4g||5%|