Cost per serving $0.31 view details
- 1/2 c. (8 tablespoons) butter, melted
- 3/4 c. lukewarm milk
- 2 large eggs + 1 large egg yolk, white reserved
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. nonfat dry milk
- 1-1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp lemon oil, or 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 3-1/2 cups Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2-1/2 tsp instant yeast
- 1/2 c. Lemon Bits or lemon chips, optional
- 1 c. confectionersâ sugar
- 1/2 tsp Fiori di sicilia extract or vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp + Â½ to 1 tsp milk, enough to make a thick but pourable glaze
- yellow, purple, and green sparkling sugars
- Mix and knead all of the dough ingredients to make a smooth, soft dough. If using an electric mixer, knead for 10 minutes. If using a bread machine, put on the required setting to knead and rise dough only.
- Put dough in a greased bowl, and let the dough rise, covered with a damp tea towel , for 1 hour.
- Place 12 mini-panettone papers on a baking sheet. Or line a standard muffin pan with cupcake papers, and grease the papers.
- With greased hands, divide the sticky dough into 12 equal pieces, forming each into a smooth ball.
- Place the balls of dough into the papers. Cover the pan, and let the cakes rise for 1 hour. Towards the end of the rising time, preheat the oven to 350Â°F.
- Whisk the reserved egg white with 1 tablespoon water, and brush it over the cakes.
- Bake the cakes for 20 minutes, then tent them lightly with aluminum foil and bake for an additional 20 to 25 minutes, until theyâre a deep golden brown. Remove them from the oven, and transfer to a rack to cool.
- Beat together the icing ingredients, dribbling in the final teaspoon of milk until the icing is thick yet pourable.
- Dip the top of each cake in the icing, or drizzle icing over the tops of the cakes. While the icing is still tacky, sprinkle with the colored sugars.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 91g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 83||29%|
|Total Fat 9.47g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 5.51g||22%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 43.39g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||4%|