My original memory for these mini chocolate pithiviers originates from a romantic stroll with my partner. These heavenly pastries were displayed so temptingly in a Parisian patisserie and we both had to try one. After hunting down the recipe and making them various times, the memory never fades. Perfect with a hot drink, or a cold glass of milk, whichever takes your fancy...
- 50g roughly chopped dark chocolate
- 100g roasted almonds, preferably with skins off
- 100g golden caster sugar
- 40g salted butter
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 egg yolks, 1 whisked with 1tbsp of water for glazing
- 1 tbsp dark rum
- 2 x ready rolled puff pastry
- 1) Heat the oven to 200C/ 390F/ gas mark 6.
- 2) To make the filling, whizz the chocolate, almonds, sugar and cocoa powder together in a blender until it becomes a fine crumb texture.Then add the butter, egg yolks and rum until it forms into a paste.
- 3) Cut eight 9cms circles from the pastry and lay 4 circles on a baking tray with baking parchment. Divide the filling into 4 circles and place on each pastry circle, making sure to leave a 1cm gap all around. Then brush the gap with the egg mixture and place the other pastry circles on top and enclose each pastry by pinching the two layers. Leave to rest in the fridge for 10-20mins.
- 4) After cooling, lightly score the pastry's with a knife in swirly patterns and brush them with the remaining egg mixture. Bake for 20-25mins until golden and puffed.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 39g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 150||68%|
|Total Fat 17.15g||21%|
|Saturated Fat 7.97g||32%|
|Trans Fat 0.02g|
|Total Carbs 12.84g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.3g||8%|