- 1 c. Unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 c. Sugar
- 3 x Large eggs
- 3 x Egg yolks
- 1 lb Bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 1 c. Flour
- 1 c. Toasted, grnd pecans
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 6 ounce White chocolate, in 1-oz pcs
- 3/4 c. Heavy cream, whipped
- 2 ounce Bittersweet chocolate, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using an electric mixer with a whisk attachment, cream butter and sugar together on high speed till light and fluffy, about 5 min. Add in Large eggs and egg yolks, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Continue to mix till the egg mix is lemon colored, about 3 min more. Lower the mixer speed and add in the melted chocolate. Stop and scrape down the sides and then continue to mix. Add in flour, nuts, and vanilla and mix just till the batter comes together.
- Distribute the batter among six 8-oz well-greased ramekins. Place the ramekins on a baking sheet and bake for 15 min. Remove from oven. Place a 1-oz piece of white chocolate into the middle of each half-baked cake.
- Return cakes to oven and bake for another 10 to 15 min, or possibly till a knife inserted in the side comes out clean. Don't insert the knife into the center or possibly you will hit the white chocolate.
- Let cakes cold for about 10 min, then invert onto a plate and pipe whipped cream on the top of each cake. Top with grated chocolate and serve hot.
- Serves six.