This is a long time favourite of mine. A mini-muffin recipe adapted from the "Muffin Mania" recipe book I've had for over 30 years.
I shared this in my latest post on a New Years 2013...celebrating muffins.
Then, they got all dressed up with a filling of my Chocolate frozen Mousse ...as well as a sinful Fancy Butterscotch sauce topping.
For a detailed post...refer to:
- . > American / Metric measures <
- . 2 cups (500ml) ripe bananas (about 4 large), mashed
- . 3/4 cup (158g) granulated sugar
- . 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- . 1/3 cup (75ml) unsalted butter, melted
- . 1 tsp. (5ml) baking soda
- . 1 tsp. (5ml) baking powder
- . 1/4 tsp (1.75ml) salt
- . 1-1/2 cups (195g) all-purpose flour
- . 3.5oz.(100g) bittersweet Chocolate mini chipits
- . Pre-heat oven to 350F/180C/Gas4. Position oven rack to the 2nd level from the bottom. Prepare a 24 mini-muffin pan with optional paper liners
- . In a large bowl, mash bananas. Stir in sugar and the egg. Add melted butter.
- . Stir in the baking soda, baking powder, salt and flour to make a thick batter. Blend in the chocolate chipits last. Don't over mix.
- . Take the mini muffin pan and paper liners (optional)...spray a generous spot of oil into every cavity. Fill each cavity three-quarters of the way. This will ensure a domed cap.
- . Bake the mini muffins for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Take them out and onto a metal rack as soon as possible to cool. Optional: Split the muffins and fill them with chocolate mousse and/or top them off with a sinful butterscotch sauce.
- . Happy baking and Claudia's flavourful wishes...FOODESSA.com