A yummy Autumn apple treat! I use a mini cheesecake pan for this (the kind with the pop out bottoms), but it could easily be adapted to a mini muffin pan
- 1 cup (a 4 ounce container) mascarpone cheese
- 1 stick butter, softened PLUS 3 more tblsp
- 2/3 cup hazelnut meal (OR use 2/3 cup finely ground walnuts or nuts of your choice)
- 2 pinches of salt, divided
- 5 cups peeled, cored apple, cut in chunks
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Streusel Topping:
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tblsp packed brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tblsp cold butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease mini cheesecake or mini muffin pans. I got 24 of the mini cheesecake size- this will probably translate to 30 or more mini muffin size
- In a large bowl beat mascarpone and 1/2 cup butter till smooth and fluffy.
- Add flour and nut meal and beat till combined.
- Form into 24 balls and place in the wells of the mini cheesecake pan. Refrigerate for a few minutes, then press on bottom and up sides of wells (I use a wooden tool made for this)
- In a medium saucepan, combine apples, brown sugar, salt, and 3 tblsp butter.
- Cook, partially covered and stirring often, till apple is soft- about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and, using a potato masher or a fork, mash till it becomes a chunky puree. Allow to cool for 20 minutes- mix in egg and vanilla
- While apples are cooling, make streusel: Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
- Cut butter in with a pastry blender till mixture is coarse crumbs
- Divide apples between cups and top each with some streusel.
- Bake for about 20 minutes till light golden.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack before removing Dust with confectioner's sugar
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 845g|
|Calories from Fat 1260||56%|
|Total Fat 143.3g||179%|
|Saturated Fat 88.78g||355%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 239.31g||64%|
|Dietary Fiber 8.2g||27%|