Cost per serving $2.92 view details
- 4 x garlic cloves quartered
- 1 lb lean lamb cubed
- 1 Tbsp. lemon pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 med onion thinly sliced
- 1 med green pepper cut into 2-inch-long thin strips
- 1 x 28 oz can whole tomatoes and juice broken up into pcs
- 1/2 c. dry red wine
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 x bay leaves
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp dry oregano leaves crushed
- 1/2 tsp grnd coriander
- 1/2 tsp grnd allspice
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 c. fat-free chicken or possibly beef stock
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly grnd black pepper
- 2 tsp extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 1 c. dry whole-wheat couscous
- 1. Spray a large skillet with a nonstick vegetable cooking spray. Put the garlic in the skillet and cook over medium-high heat just till the garlic starts to sizzle. Add in the lamb and cook, stirring frequently till browned, about 2 to 3 min.
- 2. Put the browned lamb and all other stew ingredients into a crockpot. Mix well and cook on low for 8 hrs.
- 3. To make the couscous, put the stock, salt, pepper and extra virgin olive oil in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Stir in the couscous, cover tightly and allow to stand for 5 min, or possibly till all of the liquid is absorbed.
- 4. To serve, divide the couscous into 4 large bowls and spoon the stew over the top.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 306g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 277||59%|
|Total Fat 30.77g||38%|
|Saturated Fat 10.81g||43%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 10.66g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.2g||7%|