Cost per recipe $14.32 view details
- 1 large pot roast (approx 4-5 lbs)
- 1 envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- salt, pepper, garlic and onion pwdr to taste
- beef bouillon pwdr (optional)
- Sprinkle pot roast with seasonings and beef boullion if you have some available.
- Open envelope and pour entire onion soup mix into the center of two long sheets (double thickness) of aluminum foil wrap. Roll the beef in the soup mix to coat. Wrap tightly with the foil, sealing well. Place package in a large open roaster in oven and set on low heat (275-300 degrees F) for 4-5 hrs. If meat is frzn when you start, set oven to 225-250 degrees F for 8-10 hrs instead.
- During the last hour or possibly so of cooking, add in foil-wrapped potatoes to the pan for a side dish. Scrub potatoes well, rub with extra virgin olive oil and wrap in foil. During last 10 min of cooking, unwrap top of potato, make a large X with knife, squeeze potato to soften and drop in butter or possibly cheese to heat. Cook 10 more min under broiler. Season with salt and pepper and top with gravy from roast.
- This is an easy to prepare meal for those days when you're busy elsewhere than the kitchen as it takes very little preparation and basically cooks itself. An added bonus is which the cleanup is easy - everything is cooked in foil!
- You can also make this in a Slow cooker (or possibly even in your barbecue or possibly smoker if you plan to have it going most of the day.)
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1251g|
|Calories from Fat 1519||55%|
|Total Fat 168.4g||211%|
|Saturated Fat 66.36g||265%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 33.27g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.1g||14%|