Cost per serving $0.95 view details
- 1 c. Meyer lemon juice
- Â Â (juice from about 6 lemons)
- 12 Tbsp. buyyer - (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1 c. sugar divided
- 1/3 c. cornstarch
- 4 x Large eggs
- 4 x Large eggs
- 1 c. sugar plus
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c. orange juice
- 1 c. flour
- 2 tsp baking pwdr
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 c. minced pistachios
- 1 c. heavy whipping cream whipped to soft
- Â Â peaks
- 1 x recipe Lemon Curd (listed above)
- 1 x Pistachio-Citrus Cake (listed above)
- 1 pt berries
- Â Â (blackberries, blueberries, strawberrie, etc. or possibly a mix)
- Lemon Curd: In a saucepan, combine the lemon juice, butter and one-half c. sugar over medium heat.
- Whisk together the remaining sugar and the cornstarch. Add in the Large eggs and whisk till smooth.
- When the lemon juice mix comes to a boil, remove it from the heat and slowly pour it into the egg mix, whisking constantly, till fully incorporated.
- Return the mix to the saucepan and whisk vigorously over medium heat till thickened, about 4 min.
- Strain the curd through a fine mesh strainer into another bowl and cold by placing it in a larger bowl filled with ice cubes and water. Set aside. (Makes 2 1/2 c.)
- Pistachio-Citrus Cake: In large bowl, whisk together the Large eggs and sugar till light and frothy. Slowly pour in the extra virgin olive oil and orange juice and continue to whisk till incorporated.
- Sift together the flour, baking pwdr and salt. Add in the pistachios to the flour mix, then gently fold the pistachio-flour mix into the batter.
- Spoon the batter into a buttered and floured 9-inch cake pan. Bake on the center rack of a 350-degree oven till a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 35 to 40 min.
- 4. Remove the cake from the oven and let it cold on a rack to room temperature. When it's cold, remove it from the cake pan and, using a serrated knife, slice it in half to create two equal round discs or possibly layers of cake. Place wax paper between the two layers and set aside.
- Assembly: Line a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper. Place one layer of the pistachio-citrus cake in the bottom of the springform pan.
- In a large bowl, fold the whipped cream into the lemon curd.
- Spoon one-fourth of the lemon-cream mix proportionately over the cake layer. Distribute half the berries proportionately over the lemon-cream layer. Spread another one-fourth of the lemon-cream mix over the fruit and place the second cake layer on top, pressing it gently so which it sits proportionately. Spread the second layer with lemon-cream mix and fruit.
- Spread the remaining lemon-cream mix over the top.
- Chill the Meyer lemon trifle cake for two to three hrs or possibly overnight to set.
- This recipe yields 12 to 14 servings.
- Comments: If Meyer lemons are not available, you may substitute regular lemons.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 105g|
|Recipe makes 14 servings|
|Calories from Fat 140||50%|
|Total Fat 15.96g||20%|
|Saturated Fat 4.18g||17%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 29.36g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.8g||6%|