Cost per serving $0.22 view details
- 6 large eggs
- 2/3 C fresh Meyer lemon juice
- 2 Tbs Meyer lemon zest (Meyer lemons are thin-skinned, so a microplane zester works best)
- 1 & 1/3 C granulated white sugar (if you use regular lemons, use 3/4 cup sugar)
- 1 cube unsalted butter - soft or nuked. If soft, cut it into little cubes
- Raspberries to circle each ramekin on top of the curd, and blueberries for the center of each ramekin
- Simmer water in a sauce pan or the bottom of a double-boiler.
- Whisk the eggs.
- Pour the lemon juice into a metal pan or the double-boiler top.
- Add the eggs.
- Gradually pour in the sugar, whisking all the while until the mixture becomes thick - 160 degrees F. Probably 5+ minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the butter and whisk until the butter has blended with the curd
- Add the zest and whisk until evenly distributed throughout the curd
- Put in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap - right down against the curd so no crust can form.
- Refrigerate. Can be made a day or more in advance.
- When ready to serve put curd in ramekins.
- Circle raspberries along the rim of each ramekin on top of the curd.
- Put blueberries inside the raspberries
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 50g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 50||65%|
|Total Fat 5.58g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 1.96g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.42g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|