Cost per serving $1.03 view details
- 1 cup rice
- 1 cup water
- Â¾ cup tomato juice
- 1 large can, whole peeled, stewed tomatoes (reserve juice for rice)
- olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 2-3 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup diced mild green chiliâs
- 1/2 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 can corn
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- chopped green onion for garnish
- sour cream for garnish
- Rice: Add rice, water and tomato juice to a pot, turn heat to medium and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a low and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until all of the liquid is absorbed.
- Tomatoes: Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray and pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees. Place whole stewed tomatoes on cookie sheet, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese. (Fresh grated would be best but the stuff in the can works just as well). Roast for 15 minutes.
- Veggies: While the rice and tomatoes are cooking heat oil in a large saucepan and sautÃ© the onion and garlic for about 2 minutes. Add peppers and the chilies. Cook for about 5 minutes and then add the beans and corn.
- Add the rice to the veggies along with 1/2 cup of the cheese and let it simmer on very low heat for about 5 minutes. To serve, put the rice on a plate then place 2 or 3 tomatoes on top, sprinkle with cheese and add a dollop of sour cream and green onions. Iâve found that this is most delicious the next day, just add more cheese and sour cream and wrap it in a tortilla.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 302g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 91||19%|
|Total Fat 10.35g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 4.32g||17%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 78.45g||21%|
|Dietary Fiber 9.5g||32%|