From Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Recipes for Two
Cooker 1 1/2 - 3 qt
Setting & Cook Time High 3-4 hours
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 3 hours
Servings: 2 people
Cost per serving $0.50 view details
- 2 tsp olive oil I didn't use this
- Two 1 inch thick boneless center cut pork chops I did 8 chops
- 2/3 cup chunky tomato salsa, fresh or jarred I used an entire qt
- 1 TBSP freshly squeezed lime juice I used 3 small limes
- 1 TBSP freshly squeezed orange juice I used 1 medium orange
- Squeeze of fresh grapefruit I used 1/2 of a grapefruit
- 1. In a heavy skillet over high heat, heat the olive oil and quickly sear and brown the pork chops on both sides. Place the pork chops in the slow cooker. I don't use the olive oil because I use a non stick pan. I seared the pork chops until I couldn't see any pink on either side. I could still see pink on the edges of the chops, but not the top or bottom.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the salsa and juices, and pour over the pork. Cover and cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours, until the meat is tender. Serve immediately.
- These turned out spicier than I had anticipated. Not so spicy that we couldn't eat it, just spicy enough that the kids were a bit hesitant. I did use homemade salsa too so you could possibly control the spice by which kind of salsa you use. My husband didn't like the pork chops because they had a sweet taste to them. I could taste the grapefruit stronger than I thought I would. I would only use 1/4 of a grapefruit if I did it in this quantity again.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 54g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 60||62%|
|Total Fat 6.74g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 1.39g||6%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1.44g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|