Cost per serving $1.96 view details
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- Â½ cup chopped onion
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 pepper (any color), chopped
- 1 cup corn (frozen or fresh off the kernel)
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese (or Colby Jack/Pepperjack)
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped (plus more for garnish, if desired)
- Cooking spray
- Coat a small saucepan with cooking spray and sautÃ© peppers. After about 5 minutes, add the corn and season with salt and pepper. I like to cook the peppers until theyâre slightly charred to resemble veggies youâd receive with fajitas.
- Meanwhile, in a medium sauce pot, cook onion on medium heat with the butter. When the onion becomes fragrant, add the Arborio rice. Stir for 2 minutes. Add in 1 cup of chicken broth. Allow the rice to completely absorb the chicken broth before adding the next cup. Follow this same rule before adding the third and final cup of broth. The final result should be very creamy.
- As your rice is cooking, mix together the canola oil, cumin, chili powder, garlic and lime juice in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Once rice is cooked, mix in beans, cheese, pepper, corn and cilantro in a large bowl.
- Add the dressing and stir until evenly distributed. Season with more salt and pepper if desired.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve!
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 425g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 213||28%|
|Total Fat 24.08g||30%|
|Saturated Fat 10.14g||41%|
|Trans Fat 0.03g|
|Total Carbs 106.45g||28%|
|Dietary Fiber 16.9g||56%|