There are no words to describe how outrageously fabulous this ice cream was. Complex flavors in a rich creamy chocolate base. Get out your ice cream maker...you're gonna want to make this!
Read more: http://www.somanyrecipes.com/2010/03/mexican-aztec-hot-chocolate-ice-cream.html#ixzz0h8Xb9qWK
- 2-3/4 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 11 oz. Mexican chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Mexican vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 2-3 teaspoons ground ancho chile powder
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle powder
- 2 tablespoons bourbon or brandy
- Heat half-and-half and heavy cream in a sauce pan until it starts to foam. Add chocolate and whisk until its completely dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, salt, chile powders and bourbon.
- Carefully pour mixture into a blender and blend for 30 seconds. Chill mixture thoroughly. Pour into your ice cream maker and follow manufacturer's instructions for your machine.
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1130g|
|Calories from Fat 2429||83%|
|Total Fat 284.15g||355%|
|Saturated Fat 176.18g||705%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 125.85g||34%|
|Dietary Fiber 51.9g||173%|