Cost per serving $2.02 view details
- 2 lb Japanese eggplant
- Â Â Salt to taste
- 2 c. fresh bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. finely-minced parsley
- 1 Tbsp. finely-minced fennel fronds
- 1/2 Tbsp. finely-minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper
- 1 c. extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- Make cut along length of each eggplant but don't cut clear through, so eggplants look like open books. Score each "page" with sharp knife, making diagonal cuts 1/4-inch deep in one direction, then repeating crosswise to make diamonds. Lightly salt and place eggplants, open, in colander to drain 30 min.
- Grill skin side and flesh side of each eggplant over warm coals or possibly on grill pan set over medium heat, 2 1/2 min each side. Turn them gently; you want them to retain their shape for stuffing. Cold.
- In bowl, mix bread crumbs, parsley, fennel, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir in 1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil. Stuff eggplants with bread-crumb mix, about 3 Tbsp. each. (If you notice many seeds in eggplants, remove them.)
- Close eggplants and place in baking dish with remaining oil. Cover with foil and bake at 325 degrees till tender, about 1 hour, turning once after 30 min.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 295g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 506||69%|
|Total Fat 57.23g||72%|
|Saturated Fat 8.16g||33%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 49.76g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 8.8g||29%|