Melange of Greens with Persimmon,Dijon Balsamic Vinaigrette topped with Goat Cheese Bruschetta Recipe
Autumnal salad of greens with persimmon, dijon balsamic vinaigrette topped with chevre bruschetta
Cost per serving $0.75 view details
- For the salad:
- 4 Â½ teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 4 Â½ teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 9 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (I like the flavors of Fior di Macina or Santini)
- 1 medium persimmon peeled and sliced. Use a persimmon that still has a firm texture and is slightly green but not bitter.
- 1 garlic clove peeled and crushed
- About Â½ of a 10 oz box of Spring mix (Fresh express has a nice mixture) and I add a small bunch of arugula
- Freshly ground pepper
- For the bruschetta:
- 1/2 small baguette
- 1-teaspoon olive oil
- 4 oz garlic-herb goat cheese
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh basil or chopped oregano or fresh thyme
- Cut the baguette in half and slice 1/2 inch rounds. Brush the rounds with olive oil. Spread the goat cheese on top of the rounds. Preheat the broiler.
- Rub the salad bowl with fresh peeled garlic clove and discard the garlic. Add the washed greens to the bowl.
- Mix the Dijon mustard and balsamic vinegar and slowly incorporate the olive oil, beating the mixture slowly.
- Mix the vinaigrette with the greens, top with persimmon slices, and add freshly ground pepper to taste. Place the baguette rounds under the broiler for 1-1 Â½ minutes. Sprinkle with the chopped herbs (basil or oregano or thyme).
- Place the bruschetta slices on top of the salad.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 84g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 286||69%|
|Total Fat 32.43g||41%|
|Saturated Fat 4.48g||18%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 27.37g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.5g||15%|