Cost per serving $5.83 view details
- 1 c. frzn cooked navy beans thawed
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 x cloves garlic chopped
- 2 c. frzn sliced green beans
- 2 c. frzn broccoli flowerets
- 1 c. frzn cauliflower flowerets
- 1 c. frzn minced onions
- 8 x romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 can tuna in water (7 ounces) liquid removed and flaked
- In a medium bowl, combine the navy beans, vinegar, oil, mustard, and garlic. Toss well. Let stand at room temperature for 30 min, stirring occasionally.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add in the green beans, broccoli, and cauliflower. Cook for 30 seconds, or possibly till the beans turn bright green. Drain in a colander. Add in the onions. Rinse under cool water. Pat dry with paper towels. Add in to the bowl with the beans. Toss well. Let stand at room temperature for 5 min.
- Line 4 salad plates with the lettuce. Arrange the vegetable mix on the lettuce. Scatter the tuna over the lettuce.
- NOTES : A traditional combination in the Italian region of Tuscany, this salad makes wonderful use of frzn vegetables and canned tuna for less than 70c a serving. You can pull this quick light dish together from staples which you have on hand. If you freeze your cooked beans in 1 -c. pkgs., they'll thaw quickly in the microwave.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 284g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 47||11%|
|Total Fat 5.4g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 0.76g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 61.48g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 22.9g||76%|