Mediterranean Mezze Buffet (Appetizers) Recipe
This is a versatile vegetarian pick and choose appetizer buffet presentation that incorporates foods from several different Mediterranean countries.
Some of the items suggested are easily purchased from high-end grocery stores, or ethnic markets.
Serve a nice Pinot Grigio or other white wine with this appetizer buffet that need not be followed by dinner.
Pick 6-8 items to serve 12 persons, or it can easily be configured for a larger group.
If you wish to homemake any items, review the recipe links below.
- 1 recipe Red Pepper Humuus (see link)
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata olives or mixed pitted olives of choice
- 1/4 lb. feta cheese in a block - Bulgarian or French preferred - topped by 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 recipe tabouleh (see link)
- 1 recipe baba ganoush (see link)
- 8 store purchased dolmades
- 1 recipe Spanakopita (9see link)
- 1 recipe veggie couscous (see link)
- 1 cup bottled giardiniera
- 1/2 cup bottled pepperoncini peppers
- 1 recipe Horiatiki (see link)
- 1 recipe Bread Dip and Vinaigrette (see link)
- 1 recipe Tzaziki (see link)
- Baklava or honey walnut yogurt dessert (see links)
- 1 boule sourdough bread or loaf French bread
- pita chips or pita bread and flavored crackers
Serve items with various breads.
How good does this recipe look to you?