Cost per serving $2.78 view details
- 2 Tbsp. Unsalted butter
- 4 lb Boneless veal loin, trimmed And tied, at room Temperature Salt and pepper
- 1/4 c. Finely minced shallots
- 1/2 c. White Burgundy Wine
- 1/4 c. White wine vinegar
- 1/2 c. Water
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Freshly grnd white pepper
- 8 ounce Cool unsalted butter, cut Into 16 pcs
- 1 cl Garlic,peeled and mashed
- 1/2 c. Coarsely minced, toasted Pistachio nuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.Heat 2 tbsp. butter in heavy roasting pan. Season veal with salt and pepper.Brown meat on all sides over medium high heat,about 5 min.Place in oven;roast about 30 min,till thermometer inserted in thickest portion registers 140 degrees.Baste with butter several times during roasting.Remove meat from oven,cover loosely with foil and allow to rest in hot place for 15 min before slicing.Slice into 1/4" thick medallions and serve 2 per person with Pistachio Butter Sauce spooned over top.Serves 8 to 10.
- PISTACHIO BUTTER SAUCE
- In small,heavy saucepan,combine shallots,wine,vinegar,water,salt and pepper.Bring to boil.Reduce heat;simmer till mix is reduced to about 2 tbsp.Cold slightly.Over lowest possible heat,begin whisking in the pcs of cool butter,1 at a time.Don't add in more butter till each piece is incorporated.The sauce will have the consistency of heavy cream after all the butter has been added.Whisk in the garlic and pistachios.Taste and adjust seasoning,if necessary.
- Makes about 1 1/2 c..Sauce may be kept lukewarm in double boiler.At serving time, place over heat and whisk in 1 teaspoon cool water at a time till desired consistency is achieved.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 164g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 214||67%|
|Total Fat 24.22g||30%|
|Saturated Fat 14.17g||57%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1.18g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|