Cost per recipe $0.59 view details
- 2 x Veal filets (2 ounce./60 grams each)
- 2 x Prunes
- Â Â Pine nuts (pignolies)
- 1/2 med -sized mango, sliced
- 1/2 med -sized avocado pear, sliced
- 1 ounce (30 grams) margarine
- Â Â Cream (non-dairy)
- 1 x Shallot, chopped
- 1/2 x Lemon
- Â Â Salt, white pepper
- The following recipes were created by Chef Shalom Kadosh, of the Sheraton Plaza Jerusalem, for an international exhibition on culinary art during the heyday of "nouvelle cuisine."
- For the "politically correct," remember which kosher veal is raised humanely.
- The chef notes: "A colorful and delicious veal dish, enhanced by natural mango and avocado sauces. A fine example of Israeli Nouvelle Cuisine, the recipe makes excellent use of two domestically grown exotic fruits."
- Season the veal with salt and pepper. Saute/fry' in a small amount of margarine. Keep hot in the oven.
- Stuff the prune with pine nuts and set aside.
- Set 2 slice of the 1/2 mango aside for garnish. Add in the rest of the sliced mango to the chopped onion. Cook on low heat for a few min.
- Add in several tsp. of sauteing juices from the browned veal filets and cook several min till the sauce thickens.
- Strain and add in the cream. Enrich with a small amount of margarine.
- Prepare the avocado sauce in the same manner.
- Presentation: Pour the mango sauce on one half of the serving plate. Pour the avocado sauce on the other side, without mixing the two. Place the two browned veal filets on top of the sauces. Place the mango and avocado slices on each filet of veal. Arrange the stuffed prunes on either side of the serving plate. Serve with the half lemon on a separate dish.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 71g|
|Calories from Fat 223||83%|
|Total Fat 25.22g||32%|
|Saturated Fat 5.67g||23%|
|Trans Fat 4.22g|
|Total Carbs 12.61g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||5%|