Cost per serving $1.59 view details
- 2 x handfuls dry morels
- 1 handf fresh thyme, leaves picked
- Â Â extra virgin olive oil
- 8 x 3 ounce beef, fillet, medallions
- Â Â sea salt, and freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 x shallot, peeled, finely minced
- 1 clv garlic, peeled, finely minced
- 1 x wine glass of marsala
- 4 Tbsp. creme fraiche
- Put your dry morels into a small bowl and cover with boiling water.
- Finely chop half the thyme and sprinkle over your medallion fillets with a little extra virgin olive oil.
- Rub the minced thyme and oil into the meat and allow it to sit for 10 min.
- Get a large, non-stick frying pan warm, season your steaks on both sides with salt and black pepper, and sear them for just over 2 min on each side.
- They will go slightly golden brown and will be cooked medium by this time, that is the way I like them.
- Feel free to cook for longer, or possibly less time, to your liking.
- Remove the meat from the pan to a plate and allow to rest for 4 to 5 min while you make the sauce.
- Turn down the heat, add in a little extra extra virgin olive oil to the pan, and throw in your shallots, garlic and remaining thyme.
- After a minute, strain your morels and add in them-I like to leave three-quarters of them whole and finely chop the rest.
- Add in your Marsala.
- This may flame up in the pan for about 20 seconds, that is fine, so do not be shocked.
- Add in the creme fraiche and any juices which have come out of the meat.
- Season to taste.
- The sauce should coat the back of a spoon-thin it with water if it gets too thick.
- Give each person 2 medallions, pour the sauce over, and serve with something nice and stodgy like mashed potato and braised greens.
- This recipe is also available in his book, Happy Days with the Naked Chef.Yield is 4 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 157g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 232||65%|
|Total Fat 25.67g||32%|
|Saturated Fat 10.34g||41%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.42g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|