Small meatballs, which are teamed with burritos here, but can form the basis of lots of other dishes.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Cost per serving $0.46 view details
- 8 x Old El Paso Soft Flour Tortillas
- 1 sachet Chilli and bean Burrito Spice Mix
- Mild Salsa
- 500g mince - pork, or lamb work best
- 100g cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 x small onion, finely chopped
- 1 x yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 x red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1tbsp corn oil
- A handful of chopped coriander
- Put the mince, onion, coriander and half of the spice mix in a large bowl. Mix together, then shape into 32 small meatballs (about the size of a whole walnut).
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the meatballs, cook over a medium heat for 4-5 minutes, until lightly browned on all sides. Remove from the pan.
- Add peppers and cook for 2-3 minutes. Return the meatballs to the pan and add the remaining spice mix and 125ml warm water.
- Cover and simmer over a medium heat, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if the sauce becomes too dry, until the meatballs are cooked through.
- Warm the Soft Flour Tortillas. pile in 3 or 4 little meatballs per burrito, a sprinkle of cheese and a spoonful of salsa. Roll up, not forgetting to tuck in one end to make a burrito.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 68g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 104||72%|
|Total Fat 11.77g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 5.73g||23%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 3.26g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3%|