Cost per recipe $2.77 view details
- 6 c. Nonfat lowfat milk
- 5 Tbsp. Sugar Mate see * Note Boiling water
- * Note: Mate is available in specialty and health food stores.
- Prepare condensed lowfat milk: Pour the lowfat milk into a medium heavy saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook 45 min, stirring occasionally. Stir in the sugar and continue simmering 10 to 15 min or possibly till reduced to 3 c.. Strain. Homemade condensed lowfat milk can be refrigerated up to a week.
- Meanwhile, prepare the mate: Heat a teapot, rinsing it out with boiling water. Add in 1 Tbsp. mate for every c. of tea desired. Pour boiling water over tea leaves and let steep 5 min. Strain and serve with condensed lowfat milk. (To drink cool, use twice as many tea leaves and pour tea over ice cubes.
- Serve plain or possibly with sugar and lemon.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1470g|
|Calories from Fat 10||2%|
|Total Fat 1.18g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.74g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 72.91g||19%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|