Alu/Potato used in so many snacks like samosa, alu wada/batata wada, alu kachori and many more.
Here I am posting a recipe of masala alu, which I invented :) when I was in hurry. I don't have much time to make any lengthy snack like samosa/batata wada.
So I just peel and chopped some potato's, added available spices and cooked till tender. But the recipe turn out very testy and yummy. Try it, I hope you will also like it :)
For step by step pictures please visit http://www.vslittleworld.com/2009/09/masala-alu-spicy-potato.html
- 3 medium potatoâs
- Â½ Teaspoon Cumin Seeds/Jeera
- Â½ Tea Spoon Mustard Seeds
- 1 Tea Spoon Red Chilly Powder
- 1 Tea Spoon Sesame Seeds
- 1 Tea Spoon Garam Masala
- Â½ Tea Spoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tea Spoon Cumin/Jeera Powder
- 1 Tea Spoon Coriander Powder
- 3 Tea Spoon Oil
- Salt as per taste
- Pinch of Dry Mango Powder/Amchur Powder (optional)
- Â½ Tea Spoon Chaat Masala (Optional)
- Fresh green coriander leaves for garnishing
- 1. Wash, peel and cut the potato's into cubes.
- 2. Heat oil in a nonstick tawa/pan. Add cumin seeds + mustard seeds.
- 3. When the cumin & mustard get spluttered add potato cubes.
- 4. Mix well and stir fry till golden brown. Add some water in fried potato cubes and cook for 1 min stirring continuously.
- 6. Cover all the cubes with a thali/plate and cook on low flame for 2-3 min. Stir in between.
- 7. Check the cubes bye cutting with a spoon.
- 8. If the cubes cut down easily add all the masalas except sesame seeds and chaat masala. Fry stirring continuously for a minute on medium heat.
- 9. Add some water and cook till water dissolves.
- 10. Cook till oil get separated.
- 11. Add sesame seeds. Stir fry for a minute. Taste the masala alu, if needed adjust the spices.
- 12. Masala Alu is ready. Sprinkle chaat masala. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot with roti or enjoy as it is.
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 505g|
|Calories from Fat 153||28%|
|Total Fat 17.5g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 1.58g||6%|
|Trans Fat 0.35g|
|Total Carbs 88.84g||24%|
|Dietary Fiber 12.9g||43%|