Cost per serving $1.89 view details
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 Large Onion Chopped
- 2 Large Carrots Shredded
- 4 1/2 ounce Can black olives Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Basil & Oregano each
- 1 Teaspoon thyme
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons Fennel seeds
- 1/2 Teaspoons Sage & rosemary each
- 1.5 oz glace de Poulet (roasted chicken stock)
- 1/2 Cup Brandy
- 2 32 ounce Cans Organic tomato puree or chopped tomatoes
- 1 32 ounce Can Whole tomatoes or sauce
- 4 to 5 large Cloves Fresh garlic Chopped
- In a large 8-quart soup pot sautÃ© onion in olive oil for 4-5 minutes till translucent.
- Turn heat to high, add spices soup & stock paste and brandy to cover. Allow alcohol to cook off, 1 minute, then add carrots, black olives and tomatoes. Cook covered for 2 to 4 hours, depending on whether you used whole tomatoes etc. Sauce should be thick.
- When it is done add fresh garlic and remove from heat. Serve over al dente pasta.
- Options: All spices should be to taste. After sauce is cooked add fresh garlic. You can add some Piment D'Espelette for spiciness.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 256g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 208||64%|
|Total Fat 23.22g||29%|
|Saturated Fat 3.21g||13%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 18.86g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.7g||16%|