Cost per serving $4.07 view details
- 40 gm Cream crackers or possibly Saltines
- 450 gm Fresh white crab meat
- 2 Tbsp. Minced parsley
- 1 x Egg, beaten
- 2 Tbsp. Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. English mustard pwdr
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon juice A dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 4 Tbsp. Clarified butter Salt and freshly grnd white pepper
- 50 ml White wine vinegar
- 4 Tbsp. Clarified butter
- 1 x Plum tomato, skinned, seeded, diced
- 1 tsp Minced tarragon
- 1 Crush the crackers in a plastic bag into fine crumbs with a rolling pin.
- Put the crab meat in a bowl with the parsley and add in sufficient cracker crumbs to absorb any moisture. You might not need to add in them all.
- 2 Break the egg into a small bowl and whisk in the mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and some seasoning. Fold this mix into the crab meat but try not to break up the lumps of crab meat too much.
- 3 Shape the mix into eight 7.5cm/3" patties, put on a plate, cover with clingfilm and refrigeratefor at least an hour. Heat the clarified butter in a large frying pan.
- 4 Add in the crab cakes (in batches if necessary) and cook on a medium heat for 2-3 min on each side till crisp and richly golden brown. Keep the first lot warm if you need to, while you cook the second batch.
- 5 For the Sauce: Boil the vinegar in a small pan till reduced to 2 tbsp.
- Add in the butter, tomato, tarragon, salt and pepper and hot through. Serve the crab cakes immediately, with the sauce.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 199g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 257||63%|
|Total Fat 29.2g||37%|
|Saturated Fat 13.72g||55%|
|Trans Fat 0.04g|
|Total Carbs 9.64g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.0g||3%|