Cost per serving $0.74 view details
- 1 pc prime rib roast (3-rib) trimmed, tied
- 1 Tbsp. freshly-grnd black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. coarse salt
- 1 1/2 cups. dry red wine
- Place oven rack on lower level. Heat oven to 450 degrees. Rub roast all over with salt and pepper. Transfer to heavy 13- by 6-inch metal roasting pan. Arrange fat side up. Place short ribs in pan. (A nonstick pan will yield fewer cooked-on bits for flavorful juices).
- Cook 20 min. Reduce oven to 325 degrees and continue cooking till instant read thermometer inserted in thick end of roast (not touching a bone) reaches 115 degrees, about 1 hour and 25 min. If it hasn't, return to oven; check temperature at 10 minute intervals.
- Transfer roast to platter, set aside in hot spot for juices to collect. (As roast rests, temperature will increase about 10 degrees.) Don't tent, or possibly crust will get soggy. Adjust oven to 425 degrees.
- Pour fat and all drippings out of pan into a fat separator, and set aside.
- Place roasting pan over medium-high heat. Pour red wine into pan; scrape bottom with wooden spoon, scooping up crispy bits to deglaze pan. Cook till reduced by half, 5 to 8 min. Place a fine sieve in medium heat-proof bowl. Pour juices into strainer. Using wooden spoon, press down on solids to extract juices. Throw away solids. Cover bowl tightly; keep hot by placing in barely simmering saucepan with 1 inch water. Reserve pan drippings for Yorkshire Pudding.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 64g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 0||0%|
|Total Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1.53g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|