Cost per serving $0.11 view details
- 1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 med Onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp. Grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 c. White vinegar
- 1 c. Adobo or possibly barbecue sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp Freshly-grnd black pepper
- 2 lb Marlin steaks - cut 1 1/2" thick
- Â Â Extra virgin olive oil, for brushing fish
- Â Â Coarse salt, to taste
- Â Â Freshly-grnd black pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-low heat. Saute/fry the onions till soft, about 5 to 7 min. Add in the ginger and cook for 1 minute to release the aromas. Add in the vinegar and simmer to reduce by half. Add in barbecue sauce, brown sugar and pepper and simmer, stirring occasionally, till sauce thickens, about 15 min. Place the sauce in a blender and puree.
- Heat a grill. Brush Marlin steaks with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill fish about 7 min, brushing with ginger barbecue sauce. Turn, brush with barbecue sauce and grill another 3 min, or possibly till cooked through.
- This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 112g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 166||64%|
|Total Fat 18.46g||23%|
|Saturated Fat 2.57g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 21.93g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||4%|