The pepper mixture can be made ahead of time.
Cost per serving $0.56 view details
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 large yellow bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- Â½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 loaf French bread, Â½ inch slices
- Cover broiler pan with foil. Preheat broiler. Place peppers on foil. Broil, 4 inches from heat source, 15 to 20 minutes or until blackened on all sides, turning peppers every 5 minutes with tongs. Place peppers in paper bag for 20 minutes.
- Place oil, vinegar, capers, sugar, garlic and cumin seeds in small bowl. Whisk until blended.
- Remove skins, cores and seeds from peppers; cut into 1-inch diamond or square-shaped pieces. Place in resealable food storage bag. Pour oil mixture over peppers. Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight, turning occasionally. Bring to room temperature before serving.
- Slice bread into rounds; toast. Arrange peppers on top of rounds.
- * In Spain, appetizers are known as tapas, literally meaning "little lids," from the verb "to cover." At one time, slices of spicy meats on bread were served on the rims of sherry glasses to stimulate thirst. Even the tiniest bars in Spain serve an array of tapas that help stave off hunger until the 10 p.m. dinner hour.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 52g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 47||57%|
|Total Fat 5.34g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 0.76g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 7.48g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3%|