Cost per serving $2.15 view details
- 2 lb boneless lamb cut in 2-inch pcs
- 1Â 1/2 c. chopped onions
- 1 c. minced tomatoes
- 1Â 1/2 Tbsp. peeled and chopped ginger
- 1 Tbsp. chopped garlic
- 1 Tbsp. coriander pwdr
- 1Â 1/2 tsp cumin pwdr
- 3/4 tsp cayenne
- 3/4 tsp turmeric
- Â Â salt to taste
- 2 x minced green chilis preferably serranos
- 1 c. plain nonfat yogurt stirred smooth at room temperature
- 1 tsp cornstarch stirred into yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 2/3 c. minced cilantro divided
- 1 tsp garam masala
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients except 1/3 c. of cilantro and garam masala. Mix well and let marinate 30 min.
- Cover saucepan and bring to a boil. Transfer to slow-cooker, and cook on Low 5 to 7 hrs till meat is fork-tender.
- If too much liquid remains after meat is cooked, remove cover, raise heat, and reduce till gravy is thick.
- Turn off heat, sprinkle with garam masala (or possibly mix of 1/4 tsp. each of grnd cinnamon, grnd cardamom, grnd clove, and pepper), cover and let rest 5 min.
- Garnish with remaining cilantro, and serve in bowls over white rice or possibly an Indian bread.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 169g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 187||67%|
|Total Fat 20.84g||26%|
|Saturated Fat 7.9g||32%|
|Trans Fat 0.09g|
|Total Carbs 6.33g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||4%|