I love marinated mushrooms. Actually I love apple vinegar with honey! This recipe is the perfect combination of tastes. The acid flavor of vinegar combined with the sweetness of cashew sauce blend magically. This dish is perfect for hot summer days, it is very light and refreshing.
- Ingredients for marinated mushrooms:
- Champignons ( or any other mushrooms) â 1 medium bowl
- Soy sauce â 3 tbs
- Unrefined corn oil â 3 tbs *
- Pepper - Â½ tsp
- Turmeric - Â½ tsp
- Apple vinegar â 3 tbs
- Water (as needed to cover the mushrooms)
- Ingredients for lentils with cashews sauce:
- Green lentils â 2 cups - soaked (optional)
- A bunch of green onions
- Cashews â soaked overnight - 1 cup
- Garlic â 2-3 cloves
- Lemon juice â 1 tbs
- Salt - Â½ tsp
- Preparation - mushrooms:
- Rinse and chop the mushrooms , then put them in a bowl.
- Prepare the marinate and pour it over the mushrooms. Place the bowl in the fridge for at least 4 hours so all the flavors will blend together (it is best to marinate for 8-12 hours).
- Preparation - lentils:
- Rinse the lentils and cover them with water. Let them soak for about 4 hours. Itâs not completely necessary but I find that they cook faster and are better for digestion.
- Boil the lentils in a large pot for about 15 minutes, or 30 minutes if it wasnât previously soaked.
- Cashews sauce:
- Rinse the cashews and place them in the blender. Place the garlic in the blender also (you can peel it off or not, the peel is very rich in vitamins). Add the lemon juice, salt and water as needed. Blend all together until you get a smooth consistency.
- Blend the sauce with the boiled lentils and sprinkle on top some fresh chopped green onions. Place near the marinated mushrooms. Serve immediately.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 305g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 20||3%|
|Total Fat 2.21g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0.35g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 122.49g||33%|
|Dietary Fiber 60.3g||201%|