This summer has become one of our newest favorites!
One of my favorite drinks with my favorite people is
Now I've shared and made this recipe for MARGARITA CAKE several times!
Margarita cake offers the favorite sweet and salty combo with a crunchy pretzel crust.
Note:Store covered in refrigerator
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely crushed pretzels
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 box Betty CrockerÂ® SuperMoistÂ® white cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups bottled nonalcoholic margarita mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
- 3 egg whites
- 1 container (8 oz) Cool Whip Creamy frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Additional grated lime peel, if desired
- Margarita cake offers the favorite sweet and salty combo with a crunchy pretzel crust.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 3 hours 0 min
- Makes: 15 servings
- Heat oven to 350Â°F (or 325Â°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with shortening and lightly flour (or spray bottom with baking spray with flour). In medium bowl, mix pretzels, sugar and butter. Sprinkle evenly on bottom of pan; press gently.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, margarita mix, oil, 1 tablespoon lime peel and the egg whites with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour batter over pretzel mixture.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until light golden brown and top springs back when touched lightly in center. Cool completely, about 2 hours. Frost with whipped topping; sprinkle with additional lime peel.
- Store covered in refrigerator
- High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Heat oven to 375Â°F. Decrease oil to 1/4 cup; use 4 egg whites.
- Youâll need about 3 1/2 cups small pretzel twists to get the 1 1/2 cups crushed pretzels.
- Health Twist:Cut fat and calories in this cake by using fat-free whipped topping instead of regular whipped topping to frost the cake.
- Purchasing:Look for the bottled pale green nonalcoholic margarita mix in the soft drink section of the supermarket. It is usually on the shelf with club soda, tonic water and other mixers.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 61g|
|Recipe makes 15 servings|
|Calories from Fat 122||47%|
|Total Fat 13.82g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 6.14g||25%|
|Trans Fat 0.13g|
|Total Carbs 31.37g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3%|