Cost per recipe $0.19 view details
- Remove all of the silverskin (naturally). Cut thin strip of backstrap WITH the grain approx 1/2 inch thick. Lay the strips out and cover with a strip of bacon (use as many strips of bacon as it takes to cover the backstrap strip). Roll the backstrap up with the bacon inside and use toothpicks to secure the backstrap/bacon pinwheels.
- Pour the maple syrup into a flat bowl and lay pinwheels in the syrup. Turn to insure which each side is soaked and let sit at least ten min. Longer is fine.
- Lay the pinwheels soaked in syrup on the grill over a low heat and cover.
- Check on them closely and you will have to determine when to turn them.
- They cook fairly quickly even over a low heat.
- Serve with rice or possibly whatever. They are very presentable and taste GREAT! My family loves to eat deer but the kids and wife all agree which this is their favorite.
- I have never tried variations on this recipe (ie cook in the oven, table syrup instead of maple, etc). I guess which variations would work, but why ruin a sure thing
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 29g|
|Calories from Fat 118||89%|
|Total Fat 13.06g||16%|
|Saturated Fat 4.35g||17%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.19g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|