This will be a new tradition at our family get togethers. I wasn't sure about the sweet potato and cabbage combo, but, I wanted to cook a dish including cabbage, as crucifious vegetables are the best anti cancer food group. This group includes all cabbages, kale, brussel sprouts, broccali, and cauliflower.
It turned out to be a delicous dish, and the cabbage tasted like maple syrup.
- 1 large sweet potato, sliced
- 1/4 green cabbage, sliced
- 2 MacIntosh apples, peeled & sliced
- 1/4 Maple Syrup
- Slice the sweet potato, cabbage, and apples. Layer sweet potato, apples, then sweet potato, apples, drizzle with 1/2 the maple syrup, then layer cabbage and top with sweet potatoes; drizzle the remainder of the maple syrup on the top.
- Bake in 350 over for 1 hour, or until done once cooked and tender.
- Let the casserole cool 10 then serve.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 68g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 0||0%|
|Total Fat 0.06g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.02g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 7.34g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.8g||6%|