Cost per recipe $6.84 view details
- For Crust:
- 160 gm (1 1/2 cups) digestive biscuits or any other fairly plain sweet biscuits, crushed
- 100 gm (1/2 cup) butter (preferably salted butter), chopped
- For Filling:
- 160 gm (1 cup) fine sugar">sugar or powdered sugar">sugar
- 800 gm (3 cups) thick full cream Yogurt
- 400 gm (2 cups) panir cheese or cottage cheese*
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 10 gm Chinagrass or Agar Agar or Kanten*(I used agar agar)
- 1 cup of Mango Pulp/Puree
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- For the Mango Glaze:
- 1 mango (1/2 cup), peeled, chopped and pureed
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 teaspoon agar agar
- Place the yogurt in a cheesecloth lined colander over a container and allow to drain overnight to get half the quantity ( 400 gm or 1 1/2 cups) thick yogurt.
- note*If you ant to skip all this waiting of straining yogurt, then purchase Greek yogurt which is available at Metro in Toronto.
- Also, using the same method strain your watery cottage cheese, otherwise cake becomes soggy. If you're using store bought 'Paneer Cheese' then no straining required.
- Prepare the crust:
- Place all the biscuits in a food processor and crush into crumbs.
- Add in the butter and process the biscuits in a food processor until fine, or until the mixture is properly blended.
- Remove the mixture and press it evenly into the base of an 9â deep round spring form pan or any pan with a removable bottom or a 9â regular round pan.
- Chill in the freezer for 15 minutes or in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Prepare the filling:
- Soak the agar agar powder in 1 1/2 cups water in a small saucepan on the stove under low flame until it looks transparent. Keep stirring meanwhile
- In a food processor fitted with the metal blade or blender place the strained yogurt and cottage cheese or cottage cheese and process until smooth and creamy. Transfer this to a mixing bowl.
- In a sauce pan, heat the mango puree over a medium flame. Do not allow this to boil.
- In another saucepan place the agar agar and water mixture and stir on low heat until it melts completely, about 5 to 6 minutes. Do not allow this to boil.
- After the agar agar melts completely, pour the hot agar agar solution into the hot mango puree, stirring all the while.
- Slowly add the mango mixture into the yogurt and cheese mixture, stir in the sugar and vanilla extract and beat well with a wire whisk until well blended.
- Pour this mixture over the prepared crust, level with a spoon and chill in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours.
- For the Mango topping:
- Use the same method for melting Agar Agar above.
- Place all the ingredients for the glaze in a saucepan and cook over medium heat. When it begins to boil, reduce the flame and cook for 3 to 4 minutes more.
- Mix the mango mixture with the agar agar and let cool until it comes to room temperature and then spread the glaze over the cheesecake with a spoon. Allow the glaze to set over the cheesecake for 2 to 3 hours or more before slicing it. Allow the cheesecake to set for an hour or so before spreading the glaze over it.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1351g|
|Calories from Fat 975||49%|
|Total Fat 110.95g||139%|
|Saturated Fat 65.74g||263%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 205.21g||55%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.7g||16%|