Cost per recipe $4.08 view details
- 1 lb tuna steaks, or possibly two (9-oz) cans chunk light tuna in water, liquid removed
- Â Â 15 1/(2-oz) can black beans, or possibly 1 1/2 c. cooked dry-packaged black beans,
- Â Â rinsed and liquid removed
- 1 lrg ripe mango, peeled, cubed (see note)
- 2 x plum tomatoes, minced
- 1/2 med cucumber, minced
- 4 x green onions and tops, sliced
- Â Â Island lime dressing (recipe follows)
- 1/4 c. crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- Grill tuna over medium-warm coals, or possibly broil 6 inches from heat source, till fish is tender and flakes with a fork, four to five min on each side. Cold several min and cut into 1 inch pcs.
- Alternatively, rinse and drain canned tuna and cut into 1 inch pcs.
- Combine tuna chunks, beans, mango, tomatoes, cucumber and green onions in a bowl; drizzle with island lime dressing and toss. Spoon salad onto lettuce-lined plates; sprinkle with feta cheese.
- Note: One (20-oz) can crushed pineapple in juice, liquid removed, can be substituted for the mango. Optional garnish: sliced avocado and mint sprigs.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 580g|
|Calories from Fat 80||30%|
|Total Fat 9.13g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 5.81g||23%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 42.19g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.8g||26%|