Oh Mama Mia ! Sugo e Polpette.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Cost per serving $2.44 view details
- 1 lb. Ground Chuck or Minced pork loin chop
- 1 lb. Ground Sweet Italian Sausage
- 1/2 C. Fresh shredded Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 C. Fresh Chopped Garlic
- 1/4 C. Minced White Onion
- 1/4 C. Cheese
- 2 T. Hearty Red Wine (optional)
- 1 t. Sea Salt
- 1 t. Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1 t. Mixed dried Italian Herbs
- 1 t. Fennel Seeds
- 1 t. Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 C. Half and Half
- 1 C. Minced MirePoix and Green Bell Pepper blend
- 1/4 C. EV Olive Oil
- 2 C. Chunky Tomato Sauce
- Sugar to taste
- 5 Servings of Cooked Spaghetti Pasta dressed with olive oil and toasted garlic.
- Chopped Herbs, Parmesan Cheese for Garnish
- Cook Spaghetti pasta and dress with olive oil and toasted garlic..set aside to stay warm.
- Mix first 13 ingredients in bowl then form meatballs. They will be quite moist.
- In skillet heat olive oil on Medium and add meatballs and mirepoix mixture.
- Cook gently turning occasionally and don't over brown the meat or mirepoix mixture...stay on medium heat.
- When meatballs are 90 percent cooked through...add tomato sauce and sweeten to taste.
- Cover and reduce heat to lowest setting.
- Let meatballs slowly finish cooking in the sauce.
- Plate servings of warm spaghetti pasta and top with Meatballs and Sauce.
- Garnish with chopped herbs and Parmesan cheese.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 329g|
|Recipe makes 5 servings|
|Calories from Fat 466||69%|
|Total Fat 51.85g||65%|
|Saturated Fat 20.14g||81%|
|Trans Fat 1.12g|
|Total Carbs 18.13g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||8%|