Cost per recipe $17.52 view details
- 1 pkt Active Dry Yeast
- 1/2 c. ,Lukewarm Water, 115-120 Degrees F.
- 1/2 c. Lowfat milk, Lukewarm
- 2Â 3/4 c. Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 4 ounce Butter, 1 Stick
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1 lrg Egg, Beaten With A Little Water For A Glaze
- 1 c. Poppy Seeds
- Â Â Lowfat milk To Cover The Seeds
- 1 Tbsp. Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Honey
- 1 tsp Butter
- Â Â Zest Of One Orange, (Orange Color On Peel)
- Â Â Zest Of One Lemon, (Yellow Color On Peel)
- 2 lrg Egg Whites
- ROLL DOUGH:Dissolve the sugar in the water and lowfat milk, then add in the yeast, stirring to dissolve, and let sit for 10 min. Combine the flour, butter (that has been cut into small pcs), and the yeast mix, kneading till the dough forms a smooth ball. Or possibly, in a food processor with the machine running, add in the butter to the flour, then add in the yeast mix. Process till the dough forms a ball, adding flour or possibly lowfat milk as necessary. Let rest for a few min, then process 1 minute more. Place in a lightly oiled bowl, turing once to oil the top, cover and let rise till double in bulk.
- POPPY SEED FILLING:Pour boiling water over the seeds, let stand for 5 min, pour off the water and repeat, draining well. Cover with the lowfat milk in a saucepan and bring to a boil, then strain. Grind with the steel blade in a blender or possibly processor till the seeds release the lowfat milk and turn white, then add in the sugar, honey, and butter. Cook in a heavy skillet for 1 minute over high heat. Cold. When cold, add in the egg whites and zests, blending well.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into a long rectangle about 1-inch thick. Spread the filling proportionately over the dough stopping 1-inch from one long edge and roll up, making sure which the filling is sealed inside. Place on a non-stick baking sheet, seam side down. Bake in a preheated 350 Degree F. oven for 35 to 40 min. Brush with thegg laze and cold on a wire rack.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1045g|
|Calories from Fat 1418||43%|
|Total Fat 164.22g||205%|
|Saturated Fat 69.94g||280%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 384.02g||102%|
|Dietary Fiber 38.3g||128%|