My son & I were at the supermarket & he was intrigued by Koka’s Purple Wheat Noodle.
When we opened up the package at home, we were surprised that there were no seasonings inside; unlike other instant noodles. Errrr………so what do we do now?
I peeped into my freezer & found some Cheese Sausages. I’ve also got Mussels, so I decided to cook the entire bag of shellfish & make Jon a dry noodle instead to go with it. Here’s what I did:
- 1 pkt Instant Noodles
- 500g Frozen Mussels
- 200g Cheesy Cocktail Sausages
- 200g Arrabbiata sauce (spicy & tomato base)
- 5 cloves of Garlic (thinly sliced)
- 2 tbsp Extra-virgin Olive oil
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- Â½ tsp Salt/Pepper
- Â½ tsp Parsley flakes
- Cook the noodles in boiling water for about 3 mins. Drained & drizzle olive oil to prevent noodles from sticking.
- Heat about 1 tbsp of olive oil & sauteed garlic till fragrant. Add noodles, parsley flakes & seasonings. Mix well. Add sliced sausages & let cheese melt. Dish onto serving plate.
- Meanwhile, defrost mussels. Mix with Arrabbiata sauce & microwave mussels on med-high for about 6mins.
- Serve hot together with your Instant Noodles!
- Koka Purple Wheat Noodle is especially good as a cold noodle / salad dish too, to go with your favourite seasoning or dressings.
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 547g|
|Calories from Fat 380||52%|
|Total Fat 42.78g||53%|
|Saturated Fat 6.53g||26%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 22.89g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1%|