Flavorful, tender, crisp, creamy and juicy all come together to make a sandwich fit for a Roman emperor
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Cost per recipe $2.67 view details
- FOR MARINADE
- Lemon and/or lime juice, to taste
- 1 or 2 packets vegetable broth concentrate (like Savory Choice or Swanson's FlavorBoost)
- 1 or 2 packets soy sauce
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 tsp honey
- herb seasoning blend (like Mrs. Dash), to taste
- FOR "BURGERS"
- 1 or 2 portobello mushrooms, scrubbed, patted dry, stems removed
- FOR SAUCE
- Marinade mushrooms were steeping in
- 1/2 an avocado
- FOR "BUN"
- 1 English muffin, toasted
- Whisk marinade ingredients together in a bowl
- Place mushroom(s) in bowl of marinade and refrigerate overnight
- The next day, bake mushroom(s) at 450 degrees for 30 mins
- For sauce, blend marinade and avocado in food processor till smooth
- spread avocado sauce on each English muffin half. Place mushroom(s) on bottom muffin half. Top with remaining muffin half.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 302g|
|Calories from Fat 141||40%|
|Total Fat 15.84g||20%|
|Saturated Fat 1.98g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0.02g|
|Total Carbs 47.92g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 8.9g||30%|