My mother has been making these since I can remember. They are absolutely amazing!! Almost like a small jam-filled pie with a beautiful almond topping. I can't get enough of them!
- 1 Stick butter or margarine
- Â½ C Sugar
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 2 oz. Self-rising flour
- 4 oz. ground almonds
- Slivered almonds for decoration
- 1 Tbsp Almond Extract
- Raspberry Jam
- 1 Box Pillsbury Pastry Mix (or make your own)
- Mix and roll pastry and line small, shallow patty pans (in the US, can use mini-muffin tins).
- Place 1/2 tsp of jam in bottom of each tart.
- Cream together sugar and butter. Add Beaten eggs and almond extract.
- Fold in flour and ground almonds.
- Place spoonful on top of tarts and decorate with almond slivers (approx. 4-5).
- Bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes until tops are golden.
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 494g|
|Calories from Fat 1174||57%|
|Total Fat 134.26g||168%|
|Saturated Fat 65.15g||261%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 186.5g||50%|
|Dietary Fiber 8.0g||27%|