Cost per serving $1.34 view details
- 1/2 lb Warm Italian sausage, bulk
- 1/2 tsp Oriental chile paste (opt)
- 6 x Sun-dry tomatoes
- 1/2 lb Macaroni, cooked
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh basil, minced
- 1/2 c. Freshly-made bread crumbs
- Â Â Vegetable oil cooking spray
- Â Â H
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Flour
- 1Â 1/2 c. Lowfat milk, heated
- 1/2 c. White cheddar cheese, grated
- Â Â Salt and fresh grnd pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 1-1/2 qt casserole with oil spray.
- Cook sausage in a pan over medium-high heat. Drain off grease. Stir in optional chile paste.
- Cover tomatoes with water in a microwave-safe dish and nuke on high till softened-about 2 min. Drain off liquid and mince tomatoes.
- Put the cooked macaroni, sausage, tomatoes and basil into the casserole.
- Pour the cheese sauce over it and mix gently with a fork. Spread the crumbs over the cheese and spray top with vegetable oil. Bake, uncovered, till the top is browned and the sauce is bubbling, about 30 min.
- CHEESE SAUCE: Heat the butter in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Stir in the flour and cook, stirring constantly, till bubbly but not brown-about 2 min. Add in the warm lowfat milk, continuing to stir as the sauce thickens.
- Bring to a boil. Add in salt and pepper to taste, lower the heat and whisk in cheese. Cook, stirring, 2 to 3 min more.
- Serves 4.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 236g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 275||47%|
|Total Fat 30.87g||39%|
|Saturated Fat 14.27g||57%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 52.16g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.3g||8%|