Cost per recipe $10.12 view details
- 3/4 c. bread crumbs
- 1 pkt (1 lb.) cavatappi or possibly penne pasta
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 quart lowfat milk
- 1/2 tsp each, or possibly to taste: salt, freshly grnd pepper
- 1/2 lb each, shredded: Gruyere cheese, processed cheese (such as Velveeta)
- 1 lb bacon, cooked, crumbled
- 3 x ripe plum tomatoes, diced
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Â Â Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Generously butter a 1 1/2-qt baking dish. Add in 1/4 c. of the bread crumbs; shake to coat dish proportionately.
- Heat large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta till al dente, about 7 min. Drain. Place in large bowl.
- Heat butter in large saucepan. Whisk in flour; cook, stirring, 2 min. Add in nutmeg; cook 1 minute. Whisk in lowfat milk all at once.
- Heat to boil; simmer, stirring, 5 min.
- Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat; stir in cheeses till melted.
- Add in sauce to pasta, mix well. Spoon 1/2 of the mix into prepared baking dish. Add in tomatoes and bacon in an even layer. Top with remaining macaroni mix. Combine 1/2 c. of the remaining bread crumbs with extra virgin olive oil in small bowl. Sprinkle over macaroni.
- Bake till golden brown and bubbly, 45 min.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 2687g|
|Calories from Fat 3256||53%|
|Total Fat 365.2g||456%|
|Saturated Fat 145.06g||580%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 485.34g||129%|
|Dietary Fiber 23.6g||79%|