- 1/2 c. (1 stick) butter
- 1/4 c. Solid vegetable shortening
- 1 c. Granulated sugar
- 2 lrg Large eggs
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 c. All-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking pwdr
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt vanilla icing, (recipe follows) M&m's" chocolate mini baking bits for decoration
- In large bowl cream butter, shortening and sugar till light and fluffy; beat in Large eggs and vanilla. In medium bowl combine flour, baking pwdr, baking soda and salt; blend into creamed mix. Wrap and chill dough 2 to 3 hrs. Preheat oven to 350 F. Working with half the dough at a time on lightly floured surface, roll to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes using 3-inch cookie cutters. Using rigid spatula carefully transfer to ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 8 to 10 min. Cold completely on wire racks. Frost with Vanilla Icing and decorate with "M&M's"(r)
- Chocolate Mini Baking Bits. Store in tightly covered container. If stacking cookies, place parchment or possibly waxed paper between layers.
- Makes about 4 dozen cookies.
- Vanilla Icing: Beat 6 Tbsp. butter and 4 c. powdered sugar till well blended; add in 1/2 tsp. vanilla. Blend in 3 to 4 Tbsp. lowfat milk, one Tbsp. at a time, till of spreading consistency.
- Divide icing proportionately into small bowls, one per color. Add in food coloring till mixtures are of desired color.
- Short cut: Roll out store-bought refrigerated dough and cut out shapes with cookie cutter. Bake and cold as directed. Add in food coloring to instant frosting; frost cookies.
- Decorate with "M&M's"(r) Mini Baking Bits. Store in tightly covered container. If stacking cookies, place parchment or possibly waxed paper between layers.