Cost per recipe $6.97 view details
- 2 ounce Unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1/3 c. Solid vegetable shortening
- 1 c. Granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 lrg Large eggs
- 1Â 1/4 c. All-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking pwdr
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 c. Pecan halves
- 1 c. M&Ms(r) lowfat milk chocolate mini baking bits, divided
- 1 c. Prepared chocolate frosting
- Preheat oven to350 F. Lightly grease cookie sheets; set aside. Heat chocolate and shortening in2-qt sauce pan over low heat, stirring constantly, till melted; remove from heat. Fold in sugar, vanilla and Large eggs.
- Blend in flour, baking pwdr and salt. Stir in 2/3 c. "M&M's"(r) Lowfat milk Chocolate Mini Baking Bits. For each cookie, arrange 3 pecan halves, with ends almost touching at center, on prepared cookie sheets. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto center of each group of pecans; mound the dough slightly. Bake 8 to 10 min just till set; don't over bake.
- Immediately remove cookies to wire racks to cold completely. Top each cookie with frosting; press remaining "M&M's"(r) Lowfat milk Chocolate Mini Baking Bits into frosting to create turtle shell..
- Notes: These chewy little turtles are as fun to eat as they are to make!
- MAKES ABOUT 2 1/2 DOZEN COOKIES
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 876g|
|Calories from Fat 1378||38%|
|Total Fat 159.38g||199%|
|Saturated Fat 40.77g||163%|
|Trans Fat 22.84g|
|Total Carbs 562.07g||150%|
|Dietary Fiber 24.3g||81%|