- 30 pcs lumpia wrappers
- 30 pcs small native lettuce
- 30 pcs spring onions
- 1 Kilo ubod (heart of palm), cut finely
- 1/4 kilo pork meat, sliced
- 150 g. shelled shrimps (suahe), chopped
- 1 medium-sized onion, sliced
- 5-7 cloves of chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5-7 cloves of crushed garlic
- 4 cups of water
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1//2 cup cornstarch
- Saute garlic and onions for 2-3 minutes.
- Add pork and shrimps and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add ubod and continue cooking until done.
- To serve, put a piece of native lettuce and a piece of spring onion on top of each wrapper and place a small portion of ubod mixture.
- Roll and fold in at one end, leaving the lettuce protruding from the other; pour a little sauce on top.
- To make sauce:
- Mix sugar, soy sauce and water into sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for only a few minutes.
- Mix cornstarch with a small amount of cold water and stir into a sauce to thicken. Add crushed garlic.