delicious. If you celebrate Hanukkah it’s a wonderful side dish casserole. But, for those who don’t celebrate, it taste wonderful served with chicken, turkey or beef. It’s also makes a lovely vegetarian casserole served with roasted vegetables or a salad. Any which way you choose to serve, it’s so, so good. It’s is much skinnier than a normal recipe thanks to using reduced-fat cottage, fat-free sour cream, some egg whites and adding no margarine or nuts usually used in a regular recipe. The skinny for one seving is 204 calories, 1 gram of fat and 5 Weight Watchers POINTS per serving. Regular kugel has 356 calories and 18 grams of fat for the same serving size!
- 1 package (12- 16 ounces) âno yolkâ egg noodles
- 1 pint reduced-fat cottage cheese
- 1 pint fat-free sour cream
- 1Â¼ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed unsweetened pineapple, drained
- Â¾ cup raisins
- 2-3 teaspoons cinnamon for topping
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 13Ã9 pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- 2. Cook the noodles as directed on the package. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- 3. In a large bowl, mix together cottage cheese, sour cream, sugar, eggs, and egg whites, pineapple and raisins. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in noodles. Mix thoroughly. Pour into the prepared pan and sprinkle cinnamon evenly over the top.
- 4. Bake for 50-60 minutes until light golden brown on top. Serve warm or at room temperature.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 1602g|
|Recipe makes 16 servings|
|Calories from Fat 1043||35%|
|Total Fat 118.49g||148%|
|Saturated Fat 63.02g||252%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 432.6g||115%|
|Dietary Fiber 10.1g||34%|